Get Audio+
Scan to download the app

Entertainment

David Dobrik Apologized After A Woman Accused A 2018 Vlog Squad Member Of Rape And Assault

today18 March 2021

Background
Burada Biliyorum

YouTube truly is a special place and over the years they have given us plenty of online personalities, some have great reputations and others just leave us questioning if they are anything like their online personas in real life. This time the headlines have put David Dobrik and his Vlog Squad on the hot seat.

YouTuber David Dobrik posted an apology to his podcast channel on Tuesday night, to which he addressed the rape and sexual assault allegation rumours against former and current members of his Vlog Squad crew. The YouTube creator, who is widely known for rarely addressing the controversy and rather skims through them. The two minutes and 30 seconds long video called, “Let’s talk”.  Saying he wanted to address “some conversations that have been going on” in the rumour mill.

David Dobrik Apologized After A Woman Accused A 2018 Vlog Squad Member Of Rape And Assault
Pinterest

Recently a report posted on Business Insider shared allegations from a woman who reportedly said she was raped during production on a November 2018 Vlog Squad video that was then posted to David’s, main channel. She also alleged that she was given alcohol by members and became too intoxicated to the point of blacking out. Then, she said, she was later involved in coitus with Dominykas Zeglaitis aka Durte Dom that she could not consent to due to being intoxicated.

This will not be David’s and the Vlog Squad members first time facing allegations, in February, former Vlog Squad member Seth Francois spoke out and said that he had been tricked into smooching David’s close friend, Jason Nash, in a 2017 video. Francois revealed it was nonconsensual and was in fact sexual assault, as he was under the illusion that he would be smooching influencer Corinna Kopf, who would be wearing a mask, rather than Nash, a 45-year-old man.

David Dobrik Apologized After A Woman Accused A 2018 Vlog Squad Member Of Rape And Assault
Yahoo News

In the video, David began by saying that “consent” is super, super important” to him before discussing Francois’ allegations.

“With the Seth situation, I’m sorry to Seth because, like I said, I just want to make videos where everybody in it whether you’re participating or watching is enjoying and having a good time,” he said. “I missed the mark with that one and I’m really sorry — I truly, truly am.” 

He however did not divulge much on the reported rape allegation, Dobrik simply said he has distanced himself from the accused former member.

David Dobrik Apologized After A Woman Accused A 2018 Vlog Squad Member Of Rape And Assault
Bussines Insider

“With people in my life that I don’t film with anymore, … I chose to distance myself because I don’t align with some of the actions and I won’t stand for any kind of misconduct,” he said. “I’ve been really disappointed by some of my friends and for that reason I’ve separated from a lot of them.” 

“I think with any video I make my main purpose is to make people happy and inspire people and I just never want anything to get in the way of that,” Dobrik continued. “I’m sorry if I’ve let you down and things like that won’t happen again and I learn from my mistakes and I also believe that actions speak a lot louder than words. You can take my word for it that I’m going to change but I’ll also show you and I’ll prove to you that the mistakes I made before won’t be happening again.” 

Written by: Varesha


Previous post

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *